Closing sales in the retail industry can be tricky, especially if your customers are willing to pay you thousands of dollars on investment. Salespeople need to juggle numerous customers at once, following up with them in time to boost their sales. But there tends to be a lack of collaboration across the sales team. Suppose a customer calls and says they’re ready to buy something they were looking at yesterday, and they were quoted $400. The salesperson they worked with is off today, and nobody else is aware of this quoted price and can’t promise they’ll get it for that price.
Let’s say you have a customer who is interested in 3 items but wants to think about it overnight. You want to leave them with some details and pictures of those items, so they have something to look at while they think about it. In the technology age, that becomes emails. But it would help if you went to all these different places to pull together the item information, pictures, agreed pricing, resize those images on your local computer so they’ll fit when you attach them into the email…
A customer you quoted a few days ago comes back and is ready to buy the 3 items they were interested in. Their original salesperson is not there. You only find 2 of those 3 items because one of them has sold. Now you have to find something similar for them instead. You ring up the other 2 items, and the prices are much higher than the customer was quoted the other day. Their salesperson isn’t answering their phone. So you end up with an angry client who walks out the door without buying.
Even if you manage to send an email to every one of your customers who visited your store, you need to take your dear sweet time writing that email and putting all the necessary item information together. Many salespeople lack the skills to produce a very clean and catchy document for their customers to look at, making mistakes easily.
- Lack of system to pull fragmented parts of item information to produce quotations, spec sheets, and tags
- Fragmented and disjointed
- Any product information and images had to be manually pulled together into another software such as Microsoft Word
- Requires someone with tech and software knowledge / graphic designer
- Long-winded process
- Long-winded process
- Find an item and open it to the image
- Open the image in whatever software
- Resize the image
- Save AS image on local computer
- Close and repeat for each item
- Start a new email to the client
- Manually write product information
- attach images
- Very slow time consuming, and tedious process prone to mistakes
- No saved and central record of quotations
- Agreed price not visible
- No association with a customer
- Not searchable by anybody in the company
- Not trackable
- No clean and presentable way to show product information to customers
- Customizable template to present product information to your desire
- Automated production of documents to be emailed to or printed for your customers
- Numerous places across RMPro where spec sheets can be created instantly
To alleviate this report’s limitations, we introduced a brand new customizable alternative called Item Spec Sheets. You can now design your own item spec sheets using RMPro’s Tag and Document Designer and customize it however you see fit.
Choosing this option will show you a preview of the Item Spec Sheets rather than the old report. You can further select the specific template from the top, just like standard tags, and choose to print or email it.
You can access both the old “Print Images” and the new “Item Spec Sheet” from various places, depending on your goal. Here’s a list of the different places to make use of it:
- Inventory Inquiry Search Results
- Inventory List
- Customer Quotation List
- Customer Quotation Detail
- Customer Invoice List
- Customer Invoice Detail
- Emailing Customer Invoice
- Emailing Customer Quotation
- Point-of-Sale Customer Invoices – Popup Menu
We’ve enhanced the way that you present quotations to your potential clients! Now, when you create a quotation, you can print and email a document showing complete item information and images.
- Quickly email quotations with complete item details and images
- Design your own item spec sheets however you want them to look
- Present a professional document to your clients
When you choose to email a quote, there’s a new option to use the Item Spec Sheet to put all item information and images in a single document, rather than separate attachments for each image.