Introducing the Shipping and Delivery Module of RMPro – the ultimate solution to streamline your inventory management process! With this module, you can effortlessly track the progress of your inventory being shipped, delivered, or stored. Each shipping is linked to a corresponding document and comprises multiple items, providing you with complete visibility and control over your supply chain. Plus, depending on the type of transaction, you can choose from a range of shipping options that suit your business needs. What’s more, our shipping and delivery documents are non-transactional, so you can rest assured that they won’t affect the state of their corresponding documents. Simplify your inventory management with RMPro’s Shipping and Delivery Module today!
Sail Through the Ocean of Barriers
Shipping and delivery can be a complex process that involves many different parties and can result in a variety of pains for customers and businesses alike. Some of the most common pains associated with shipping and delivery include:
- Delayed delivery
- Lost or damaged packages
- High shipping costs
- Complex return processes
- Inaccurate tracking information
- Customs and Duties
- Environmental impact
RMPro Has this problem Solved in a Blink
The Shipping and Delivery Module of RMPro offers a method of keeping track of the progress of inventory being shipped, delivered or stored. Shipping is always associated with a corresponding document and consists of numerous items. Depending on the nature of the transaction, you choose from certain types of Shipping. The Shipping or Delivery documents are not transactional and do not affect the state of their corresponding document.
Different Parts of This Giant Ship’s Engine
- Purchase Orders
- Vendor Drop-Ship for Back Order, having the customer’s shipping address
- Vendor Ship to Address, which can be a Store Location or any other address.
- Customer Invoices
- Ship to Customer when you ship items to the customer using a third-party shipping service
- Pick-Up: When you agree to pick up items from the customer’s location using our own means of transportation.
- Delivery: When you deliver items to customers using your transportation.
- Storage Items on Hold: Hold items for customers for a certain period of time.
- Vendor Returns
- Ship to Vendor when items are being shipped back to their Vendor
While keeping track of every step in shipping and delivery, you can ensure that the product gets in the hands of the customer in the safest and sound way possible. Thus, solving the problems companies experience.